JOIN US AT THE XPLOR 2019 AWARDS GALA!
The Xplor convention brings together stakeholders who contribute to the development of the mineral sector in Québec. It gathers more than 1,000 participants and 100 exhibitors under one roof. Every year, as part of the Xplor convention, the QMEA honours members who work to improve the development of mineral exploration. By recognizing these members’ contributions, we celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit and the dynamism of professionals in the sector.
A few months before the convention, QMEA members are invited to nominate themselves or a colleague for a Recognition Award. This is a unique opportunity for the Association to recognize and celebrate the work of people in our sector who contribute to the development of mineral exploration on a daily basis.
The Gala, a must!
At the Awards Gala, which will be held during the Xplor convention on October 23, we will recognize the achievements and ongoing efforts of the Association’s members who have distinguished themselves over the past year. We are very proud to announce that the Gala has a new image with its own vibrant, attractive logo this year. The Gala is presented by Fasken and Eldorado Gold, our Emeritus partners and valuable allies, who have worked hard to make this event a great success!
A cocktail event will be held before the Recognition Awards dinner. This is an incredible opportunity to recognize the successes of our members.
This year, for the first time, the conference will be held at the legendary Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. It’s a very prestigious location to celebrate the outstanding work of our members!
What you need to know:
- The event will be held on October 23, 2019, from 6:00–11:00 p.m.
- Location: Centre-Ville Room, Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth
IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY DONE SO, THERE’S STILL TIME TO REGISTER FOR THIS WONDERFUL GALA EVENING.
To give you a sneak peek at the evening, here is the list of member companies that have been nominated:
Discovery of the year
Award highlighting the importance of a recent discovery that has produced a significant ripple effect on exploration activities, on the property itself or in the immediate area.
- Deep A Project, Wesdome Kiena – With over 30 years of experience in gold production in Canada, this 100% Canadian company focuses on numerous projects at various stages of development, particularly exploration of the Deep A Zone of the Kiena mining complex.
- Projet Fenelon, Wallbridge Mining – Wallbridge develops projects to support sustainable production and revenue initiatives as well as organic growth through the exploration and development of the Fenelon Project.
- Nelligan Project, IAMGOLD-Vanstar Resources Joint Venture – Founded in 1990, IAMGOLD is engaged in the exploration, development and production of mining properties around the world. The Nelligan project is a major achievement of the exploration team.
Entrepreneur of the Year
Award highlighting the work of a company or team that has made significant progress over the past year. This progress can be related to the development of a specific project, the development of all the company’s activities or the development of a mining project leading to its production phase.
- Quebec Iron Ore – Founded in 2016 through the Champion Iron mining development company, Quebec Iron Ore is a junior company that is 100% Québec owned and operated by local experts. The team is nominated for the recommissioning of the Bloom Lake mine.
- Nouveau Monde Graphit – Nouveau Monde Graphite is a Québec mining exploration company. The team is nominated for the development of the high quality graphite deposit on its Matawinie property.
- Mason Graphite – Mason Graphite is a Canadian public company dedicated to the exploration and development of the Lac Guéret natural graphite deposit for which it holds exclusive rights.
Service Company of the Year
Award recognizing the work of a service company that, through the development and expansion of its services, has significantly contributed to the development of mineral exploration in Québec or elsewhere.
- Géophysique TMC – Géophysique TMC has had its head office in Val-d’Or since 1998. Its main field of activity is the collection of ground geophysical data.
- MBI Drilling Products – MBI Drilling Products is a manufacturer and distributor that offers a complete solution for high performance drilling.
- Orbit Garant Drilling – One of Canada’s largest drilling companies, Orbit Garant Drilling provides services to large, intermediate and junior mining companies through all stages of exploration, development and production.
Excellence in sustainable development
Award given to a company to highlight its high standards in sustainable development.
- Nouveau Monde Graphite – Nouveau Monde Graphite is developing its graphite project in the communities of Saint-Michel-des-Saints, Saint-Zénon and Manawan. They are committed to training the local workforce and involving stakeholder communities.
- Eldorado Gold Lamaque – The company is committed to responsible operations, the highest safety and environmental standards and the improvement of communities in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region.
- Falco Ressources – Falco Resources is a junior property exploration company focused on the exploration and evaluation of base and precious metal mining properties in the Rouyn-Noranda region. It values sustainable development and has the objective of zero damage to people, the environment and communities. This commitment means that they strive to act coherently in all their activities with respect to health and safety, the environment, community relations and social development.
As nominations remain secret, you will need to be present to find out which of our individual members wins the awards.
- Nicolas-Denys Medals*
Award recognizing the career of a prospector who, through many years of hard work, has significantly contributed to the development of prospecting and mineral exploration in Québec. (Eligibility criteria: Be an individual member of the QMEA)
- Hector-Authier Award** Award recognizing the career of an individual who, through many years of hard work, has made a significant contribution to the development of mining entrepreneurship in Québec
- Leadership in Economic Contribution to Mineral Exploration Award** Award given to an individual or organization in the field of business, finance or law who has made a significant contribution to the mineral exploration industry.
- Jean-Descarreaux Award** Award highlighting the work of an individual whose writing has helped expand geoscientific knowledge related to mineral exploration by generating an increase in exploration activity.
Xplor is undergoing a period of change, so don’t miss this opportunity to celebrate the contributions of your peers in the mineral industry who have distinguished themselves throughout the year.
See you there!
Devenir membre de l’aemq
L’AEMQ a pour mission de promouvoir l’exploration durable et responsable des ressources minérales québécoises. Joignez-vous à ceux qui souhaitent devenir la référence en matière d'expertise et de développement responsable de l'exploration minière au Québec. Contribuez à la force du réseau!
Répertoire des membres corporatifs
Consultez la liste et les cordonnées des entreprises membres de l’Association de l’Exploration minière du Québec.